Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ringtone Deaf

What's the point of musical ringtones? I don't understand – Do you pick a song that you like or do you pick a song that you don't like? And if you pick a song that you like why would you ever want to answer your phone? If you like the song why would you want to hurriedly shut it off? And how long can you continue to like a song that you repeatedly hear the same 5 seconds of over and over and over...It would make sense to get a song that you don't like because it would definitely motivate you to answer your phone, but why would you want to pay for shitty music?

As far as I'm concerned, IT'S A PHONE! Phones are supposed to ring! If I wanted music to magically explode from my pants at the most inopportune times I would put a remote-controlled radio in my pocket and give the controllers to zoo animals. But then again, I'm old school.

Do you hear ringing?
Rocky

(I am becoming increasingly aware that there is a widening generational gap between me and my own generation.)

No comments: